The project consists of the expansion and improvements to Guto Square car park, Mountain Ash.
The works contained the following key elements –
- Site clearance including the removal of site debris.
- Demolition of existing slab and reinstating of existing cellars to accommodate new car park construction.
- Installation of drainage including pipes, manholes, gullies, linear drainage and a SuDS Tree Pit System..
- Carriageway and footway resurfacing and construction.
- Installation of concrete kerbs.
- Construction of new retaining wall.
- Construction of new pedestrian access to the Workingmen’s club including new steps, ramp and street furniture.
- Road markings, street lighting, signing and street furniture.
Scope of Works:
The scope of works is as follows:
- Resurfacing and extension of existing car park
- Alterations to entrance and exit location
- Provision of associated drainage works including Sustainable Urban Development considerations
- Earthworks and re-profiling of extended and existing car park
- Backfilling cellars
- New kerbing, footway, traffic signs, lining and marker posts
- New retaining wall structure, steps, ramp and terrace to Workmans Club
- Associated works for the proposed new entrance to the Mountain Ash Working Mens Club, including fencing and parasol.